Q: "How to delete songs from iPod without deleting them from iTunes? I am selling my iPod and I want to know how to delete all the songs from it so that it is completely blank. If I get a new iPod, can I transfer the old songs to my new iPod? "
A: Please make sure all your iPod songs are in your iTunes. If you want to save iPod songs to iTunes first, you can refer to this transfer songs from iPod to iTunes step by step guide. Then you can remove individual songs from your iPod without deleting them from iTunes. Just follow these simple steps:
To delete songs from iPod:
1. Connect your iPod to your computer.
2. When your device appears in iTunes (below Devices), select it.
3. Unless your device is an iPod shuffle, click the Summary button and make sure “Manually manage music and videos” or “Manually manage music” is selected.
4. If the disclosure triangle to the left of your iPod is closed, click the triangle so that you can see the device’s contents.
5. Select the item you want to delete, and press the Delete key.
Note: To transfer songs from iTunes to your new iPod, please refer to how to sync new ipod to existing old iTunes.